Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Pizza c/o Stella

On Saturday I walked to Stella for dinner with A. and her friend J. It was a nice walk that took me through the majority of Center City to 2nd and Lombard. I saw a bride and groom getting their photograph taken in beautiful light with a plethora of homeless men in the background just by Logan Square. I quickly jumped through the Midtown block party thing, which seemed to teem with a strange mix of gay men, young couples and drunk frat boys. I even saw the last gasps of a flea market. Once I arrived and we sat down, we each ordered a pizza. I ordered the sausage pizza, which had long hot pesto that I found incredible in concept and in reality.
Though the crust was a little soggy.
A.S. and I exchanged slices so I could taste the tartufo pizza, featuring truffle oil and a lovely, freshly cracked egg yolk, from a cooked egg, that is.
Just the smell of the tartufo pizza was very, very pleasing. The taste was good too. Very good.
I even had an espresso for dessert.

No comments: