Saturday, October 16, 2010

Salad and Pizza c/o Dewey's

On the whole I made good time getting to Columbus, even with my lunch/pretty stop. After hanging around my aunt and uncle's for a bit, we all (me, my cousin K. and aunt and uncle) got ourselves over to Dewey's. I'd never been to this particular pizza joint before. They had a nice beer list; I went with the Troeg's Amber, and a wider range of pizza toppings. I had the peppercorn ranch salad, which was pleasing and not too heavily dressed.
I expressed an interest in the Green Lantern (red sauce, mozzarella cheese, minced garlic, mushrooms, goat cheese, artichokes pesto) and the Socrates Revenge (olive oil, minced garlic, mozz/fontina blend, spinach, black olives, green olives, feta cheese, red onions and tomatoes) pizzas and K. and my aunt suggested we get a half and half pizza. I dug both of them; I liked the pesto element of the Green Lantern while I enjoyed the tomato/feta aspect of Socrates' Revenge. My aunt said that though she probably never would have ordered the Green Lantern pizza (I think that's the one) on her own, she was surprised by how much she actually liked it. I'm not sure how K. felt. My uncle, a famously simple eater, went with his own pepperoni pizza.
Then K. and I went to her place where I drank a light beer and she drank some old wine. We tried watching Saturday Night Live, but it wasn't terribly funny. Then I accidentally brushed my teeth with K.'s Icy/Hot pain relief balm. This was a relatively understandable mistake, I assure you, though I won't lie: it took a rather longer than one might hope for time for me to realize my mistake....and then I was so sheepish about it that I didn't tell K. about it until the next morning. I didn't ingest any of it, thank goodness, but I did worry about the tube's instructions. In other words, the instructions were to go to a hospital/contact a medical professional...but I was fairly certain I'd be ok....though I also worried that I would end up having a seizure in the middle of the night as the Icy/Hot traces wended their ways through my large and small intestines. Or something. Poor K. would come into the guestroom in the morning and find me seized: hot in some spots, icy in others.

No comments: