Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Taco c/o Coup de Taco and Night Market Philly

Last month E. emailed me and asked if I had any interest in joining her for the Night Market on Passyunk later that month. I said yes, work permitting. In the end, the event was rescheduled due to torrential amounts of rain, which you didn't really need to know. It was rescheduled, and E. and I decided to meet there on the early side. Unfortunately she was running a little late, so I decided to walk around the neighborhood a little instead of checking in on the actual market...my logic being that I would be bored/less interested if I had already seen everything while E. had not. I am a genius, in idiot's clothing. The weather was great and the sun's light was quite pretty. I took this photograph because of the light.
So, I kind of lied. After taking my walk and figuring E. would shortly arrive, I did put myself in the Coup de Taco truck line to get me a taco. I went with the Oskar, which had pork and cheese and beans.
E. arrived while I waited. Then we met up with another of her friends who was standing in yet another taco stand line...There were about 15 or so businesses representing, three of which were taco-focused. Whoa.
There were a lot of little babies, men in plaid and pregnant women (E. included), none of which you can see in this photograph.
This was a pretty interesting idea, but I didn't get quite as into it as maybe I thought I might. The lines did get long and I hate crowds where, inevitably, it is decided that the thoroughfare of people will be going directly in front of me, jostling and otherwise bumping my body and fragile sanity. That sentence is a mess. I suggest someone fix it. It's interesting to hang out with E., as we haven't really known each other in a good number of years. Our shared kiddy experiences, from playing softball to the occasional slumber party, are so far in the past that it's sort of hard to connect them to the people we are today...and yet it's not like hanging out with a total stranger either. Hm.

No comments: