Friday, October 08, 2010

Salmon and Catan

Last Sunday I went over to C. and R.'s house without laundry. Instead I carried with me a Costco-sized portion of wild caught salmon, two shallots, a fair amount of lemon balm, a lemon and Catan. Soon after arriving at their place, the salmon was properly laid out on the bed of balm, liberally sprinkled with sliced shallots and lovingly covered with white wine, olive oil and a little sea salt and then sealed up tight and put into the oven. While the salmon did its thing, we ate spinach dip and mini crab cakes, which somehow I didn't get good photographic evidence of...and I taught C. and R. how to play Catan.
The salmon turned out pretty good. I could have taken it out of the oven a little sooner, but it wasn't too dry.

In the end, I won. But I saw potential in both C. and R. I hope to play with them again.

No comments: