Monday, October 25, 2010

Paté and Risotto c/o Tin Angel

Another night took us to the Tin Angel. Though we had a little wait, we were eventually seated in the back room, which was removed from the din of the bar and main dining area. They had a paté and Manchego special, which we knew we wanted to try, and that didn't disappoint.
They have little half bottles of wine. So we tried the Vouvray. It was different than most Vouvrays I've tried. I like the Vouvrays I'm used to, they have a honeysuckle taste to them but aren't cloyingly sweet like a Riesling or Moscat. But this Vouvray, it had - and I know this is going to sound kind of obvious - this really great grape taste. Like the sweetest element of a Concord grape without the bitterness of the skin. It was really quite lovely.
I tried their lobster and shrimp risotto, which wasn't as impressive as I might have hoped.

No comments: