Friday, October 22, 2010

Cocktail, Calamari and Chicken c/o The Acorn

Another day, another dinner. This time we tried out The Acorn. It was a warm, if sporadically drizzly, evening, so when given the choice of sitting in the rather empty dining room, or on the second floor's porch/deck, we went with the porch. I decided that a cocktail might be nice, so I looked at their specialties and got suckered into the combination of club soda and champagne, entirely disregarding a word that made no sense to me (turns out that word could have been translated to 'gross, dessert wine'). It was too sweet.
We shared the calamari appetizer, which was nice, though I didn't really dig the Goddess dressing element.
For my entree I went with the pan seared chicken breast with apricot and pistachio stuffing, goat cheese grits, and picholine olive reduction. I wasn't as impressed by the grits as I thought I might be, but the chicken was nice and I liked the olive element.

No comments: