Sunday, July 13, 2008

Inspector Love

Oh Man. I have, a number of times, declared my love of British mysteries. Lynley? Oh yeah. Morse? I grew up on that guy. Poirot? I've never seen such a waxed mustache in my life. For the last two Mondays I have been lucky enough to watch Mystery! and I've enjoyed a whole new Inspector...one Inspector Lewis. And now? Oh man. Oh man! New Foyle's War people! Foyle's War. And who knew Alan Cumming was the new host of Mystery!? Well, I didn't...until two weeks ago...now I do. He's got his own style but I will always have a soft spot for Vincent Price...and Diana Rigg.

Oh man. I'm watching it right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would be the only reason I spring for cable in my house. Well one of two reasons, the other is all the old old Law and Order episodes where I see NY actors I knew when they were young NY actors and now they are um not so young. I do love me some English mysteries. 'Specially some Insp. Linley, but only read 'em ya know, never watched 'em. And Morse, yep read all him too...but never watched...wonder if I would still love 'em? Prolly...

bezdomnik said...

Oh la, I've been watching that show too. I myself fancy the Cambridge fellow with white hair, oh so lovely with his guitar playing world mix. Am I wrong? And reading Adam Daiglish mystery novels which are actually written well if somewhat repetitive at times... sigh. Those Brits, they're almost as cute as my British Grandpa (but really, not quite).