Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dim Sum c/o Ocean Harbor (I Know, Right?)

So, for a while I tried to convince the few people I know in Philadelphia to come to dim sum with me...unfortunately they were rather resistant, which is really their loss. So I did something rather bold...I got onto the whole Yelp community board and asked for dim sum pals. On Sunday I walked the mile and a bit to Chinatown and met up with three relative strangers, one of whom I had met earlier but also in an internet context, and ate some dim sum. I saw some buildings on my hot walk.
They had a lot of broken windows.
We went to Ocean Harbor. The wait was kind of intense...I got there at 11 and got a number and we didn't sit until closer to 12. It was also a much smaller place than the beloved Furama. We were lucky enough to get the seat exactly where all the masses waited for their number and got in the way of carts trying to make their circles. And by lucky I mean we were screwed. My two complaints being noted, I will say that everything was hot hot hot and tasty.
Shu mai!
Shrimp in a bunch of rice noodley goodness and sweet saucey!
Shr'amp dumpling!
Egg custard!
Thank you to the dim sum partners in crime. It's good to find people willing to eat with a stranger or, for that matter, multiple strangers.

1 comment:

SK-S said...

That's really cool. Only CC.
but, I have a story about starting a writing group with a half-stranger.
we must be related.