Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Little Barbeque

After breakfast and an episode or so of The Office and a trip to Whole Foods. There was a bit of a barbeque type thing on my penthouse floor's roof deck. I made macaroni and cheese. Adult macaroni and cheese. With: Drunken Goat Cheese, Campo De Montalban (a manchego like sheep/goat/cow cheese), Mozzarella, Cheddar, Edam and hmmm. Maybe that's it? Oh no wait, each person was encouraged to top their share of the goodness with a little truffley cheese (I held on to all the labels so I could tell you what it was called...unfortunately that label is lost to me).

It was very much a byob/byom/byof. There were burgers and veggies.
And cookies and chips. And an art museum.
And Corona beers and my summer hat.
And pointing.
It was a pretty good time, I think. K. and J. couldn't stay for the whole thing but J. was able to try my mac n' cheese for the first time and K. got to relive the glory days (questionable whether they were glorious...though some might say at least Mondays were oasis-like). Thanks to my many coworkers for their contributions and to K. for sponsoring the macncheese. Mmmmm!

4 comments:

JJS III said...

Let it be said that trying that mac 'n' cheese was quite splendid. If I could, I would vote for it to be the next president.

J said...

It looks incredible.

Also, seeing that roof is one of those things that reminds me-not that I ever needed reminding-that NY does not have it all. Unless you are rich as hell.

cc said...

Well, it should be said that the roof would really need someone to be at least richer than I really am...I've got myself a little bit of a temporary good deal. It lasts until September, if you gather your troops you're welcome to partake.

But, yeah, regardless of the roof you're right...NYC does not have it all.

J said...

It does smell really bad here though, we do have that!