Sunday, July 13, 2008

Friendies and Dinner

On Friday my college friend K. and his boyfriend J. came down to Philadelphia from NYC. This was a rather impromptu turn of events and it was very much to my liking. I saw K. back in February. It's hard to believe, in a way, that it has been five months since my trip to New York. It doesn't seem that long ago on one hand but, on a very different hand (verging on a whole different appendage, say a foot or a flipper) there have been a good number of locations, possible futures and people between our lunch that winter day. Any ways. They came. We sipped Shirley Temple Rogers on the 17th floor roof deck for a bit before having dinner at St. Stephen's Green. I had a martini. K. was slightly in love with it...J. wasn't so sure.
We shared wings.
J. had the steak. In his head he had hoped for asparagus. And look what he got!
I ordered the lamb tacos. They came with tomatillo sauce, shredded manchego, chopped tomatoes and cilantro sour cream. The meat was very nice and tender. I was entirely satisfied by the meal. I was also very pleased with the company.
Thanks to K. for a lovely evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I have to ask, just what is in that martini that looks like a slice or chunk of...I dunno what? I am thinking your pal is not so much in love with the 'tini as mystified by its garnish.

But a martini is a good thing...no matter how weirdly garnished!

cc said...

My bad, I meant to answer this question for days.

That thing you don't understand is a toothpick with three olives on it.

mmmm, olives