Sunday, July 06, 2008

Fourth Food

On the fourth I drove back up to Newtown to spend the holiday afternoon and evening with E. and her family and friends. It was less of a Fourth of July party and much more a birthday party for her grandmother so I felt that much more lucky to be attending the soiree. I brought two cheeses and some flowers to contribute something to the fun. The cheeses' names I cannot remember but one was a version of my fave: fancy cheese with truffles! Also offered was a cream cheese dip with tomato and pepper flavors.
Clams cooked on the grill.


Burgers and nitrate free, grass fed hotdogs.
And pickles that E.'s mother defined as 'special'. E. commented that they weren't very crispy, which they weren't. And that led me to wonder how exactly one can know if a pickle will be crispy or not...is it a matter of how ripe or unripe the cucumber is when you begin the pickling process? Something to think about.

No comments: