Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Walking and Reading

This past weekend the Reading Terminal Market hosted and Ice Cream Festival so after breakfast we took a very quick stroll near the general 'festival' area but K. didn't seem all that enthused...only later would I learn it was because he felt like shit (then I felt bad about wondering why he wasn't as excited as I was...sorry, K., for wondering). But we did get to pass a fishmonger. And I think it's possible that these shrimp were cousins to the shrimp we had a little earlier.
And this! The one fishmonger guy would stand by these guys and pound his fist on the counter and all the little legs would grasp for something other than air...and you know what, it was precious. I hope they are still there in two weeks. I will buy them (though they are more expensive than at the Italian Market...but also more lively) and I will eat them. It will be awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn soft shelleds this late in the season, those wiggly clawed boys and girls must be coming from some cold waters up north yonder that are just now warming up. I learned from a fish man on the NC coast that the slipping off of the hard shell comes when the water temperature is just right. One year I waited and waited and waited. Fish man said the cold water flowing in from wherever just made the little crabbies hold onto their coats. But yum!!!