Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Welcoming Views and Lunch c/o Crisfield's (the original location)

As I believe I've mentioned, I stayed in my former neighbors' house with a clear view of the house I grew up in. This is what my house looks like from the neighbors' front porch.

Silver Spring really had a spring once. This little park and acorn picnic spot are right next to where the spring was. It may still be there but you can't see it. Just the one spring thus no 's' at the end. I took the bus to Silver Spring because I wanted to wander just a little and have lunch at a great seafood spot: Crisfield's. I walked just a little ways and was pretty amazed by so much construction in between my own memory's landmarks. But this park is still there, which is nice.

I went to Crisfields and had clam chowder, crab stuffed flounder with tomato and french fry side dishes, and a Budweiser from the tap...the bottle in the picture was taken back because I specifically asked for the $1 draft...a cute little lunch portion of beer.
The crab was real crab, had that taste and texture. I think there was a fair amount of something mayonnaisey as the main additional flavor of the meat...but I could be wrong. The flounder was nice and flaky.

These jars of candy, perhaps with these same three candy choices, are part of my childhood memory of Crisfield's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Crisfield's! I hadn't thought about that place in a bazillion years! I loved the crab anything. And the mini beers. In little bottles and in little glasses. Wow.