Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dinner c/o Cubano's

On Friday there was a dinner to honor the beginning of C.'s bachelorette festivities. We went to Cubano's, in 'down town' Silver Spring.
Many of us started with mojitos. Mine wasn't bad, minty and rummy in equal proportions. The sugar cane was a bit more sweet and refreshing than some cane I've sugared in the past.
Others had fish and Cuban pork sandwiches.
I had a dish, the name of which I forget at the moment, that gave smaller portions of the restaurant's stand-by dishes: chicken fricaseee, vieja rojo and...um...I forget (this is why I am not a real food writer...I mean I could spend the 20-45 seconds to find the menu and fill in the gap but..instead...I'm moving on without the proper foodie language) but it was a shredded or slow cooked beef. It was very similar to the pork. There were also plantains. Plantains are bananas in disguise. They're all 'we're not bananas, we're really not...eat us, you won't even think about thinking that we're bananas'. The thing about plantains? Yeah, they're bananas.
I would totally order the chicken or pork again. The atmosphere of the place was decent...thought their lighting is not very inviting to photographs (a bit dark and with the occasional tint). I thank T.'s mom for the lovely meal.

No comments: