Friday, March 07, 2008

Stomping Grounds, Hullabaloo Etc

Today C., her friend S. and I were going to drive to Takoma Park, Maryland for C.'s Saturday night bachelorette party. But yesterday there was talk of inclement weather. So we drove through the night and arrived in Fairfax (S.'s stomping grounds) at 3 am.

We drove on the beltway and I saw all these signs that I connect with my own childhood (I grew up a scant 15 minutes from Takoma Park and 45+ from Fairfax).

Yesterday, after two days of internet, I asked T. to check my email from work. There I found that one of the jobs I applied for actually wanted to interview me! On Tuesday. In New York.

So now it's going to be a hullabaloo fantastic. Bachelorette fun followed quickly by a train ride up to NYC. Then a train ride back down to D.C. where I'll be spending a few days in my true stomping grounds. I plan on taking photographs of every object or place I have ever remembered....that I can get to via bus or foot. Here we go!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for job interviews!

bezdomnik said...

good luck and don't forget to tie your shoes. i'm kidding. i know you tie your shoes on a regular basis. so well, good luck and hoorah!

sarah said...

Remember that time you were getting off the train from DC at Penn Station, and I ran into you in the middle of 8th Ave?

That was weird.

I hope the interview went well!