Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lots o' Photos

On Saturday there was a bridal shower/bachelorette party in honor of C.'s impending marriage to T...or T.'s impending marriage to C. The host of the shin-dig made 1950s style cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
We sipped tea and mimosas while daintily nibbling on cupcakes, cucumber, egg salad and prawn sandwiches.


The mayonnaise was hand made. This was very impressive to me. The sandwiches were great.
Prawns!
Nine million cameras took photographs of C. opening gifts and having a number of things put on her head.




Our host and hostess live in Takoma Park. There house and yard and neighborhood are great. When I was younger I would take the train down and buy incense and drink coffee.

After the gifts we had a little craft session. The intended goal was to make sock puppets of the wedding party. That was way too much pressure for me...I'm not all that good with my hands when it comes to crafts. So instead of trying to render a likeness of a groomsman or a bridesmaid I went with creating 'the weird, slightly drunk stranger in the corner that no one knows'. In the end he had two eyebrows.
The hostess made an uncannily accurate C. sock puppet.

After the gifts we had dinner: vegetable lasagna and salad.
Then everybody put make up on and went out.
The Hilton Hotel near Dupont ain't such a bad place to have one drink.
The next day I took a walk around Takoma Park, noting what had changed and what was exactly the same. Takoma Park is great for its multi-colored and pretty houses. Like this one.

No comments: