Saturday, March 15, 2008

Downwards

After lunch I walked to Penn Station. I wandered and sat for a while then got on a train. I took that train right all the way down to D.C. And, like I did through high school, I took the metro up and then a bus out to 'home'. I have been doing a fair amount of thinking about this whole notion of home. Fair amount meaning that for years now I've been playing around with what the word and concept mean to me. I am not sleeping in the house I slept in more than any other house. It's a funny thing, I haven't lived there in a long time and yet it's still the place that has the largest number of dreams dreamt. I'm realizing it is partially about the house. But the reason I love coming back to this area has less to do with the house than the overall place. For the first time I see an interesting element to always staying in one place.

2 comments:

bezdomnik said...

gorsh, I like that pic. looks like it belongs on the cover of a nicely-written scifi.

hope you are well, lady.

m.lady said...

I also love that pic, I think it should be the cover of my book...if I ever sit down at a computer long enough to write a book...nevermind, it should be the cover of your book