Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Younger Days

So, the other day, Toby wrote about going to the movies with a girl (and her mother) and the etiquette of being twelve and liking somebody. His story reminded me of some photographs my mother sent me last month that I had been meaning to post/write about. So here they are.
Before these arrived I had been thinking about this night. It was someone's birthday or a bunch of people's birthdays and so the parents of these kids had pooled their resources and rented a recreation center for the night. Because it was a bunch of different kids, I didn't actually know everyone there. There were boys there, boys never before seen and cute. What I remember is two (or so) cute boys and this ring of girls around them, flirting and teasing while the boys, for the most part, just stood there looking confused. I was not in this first ring, I was a little behind them thinking to myself 'that is so not how you get boys to like you'. What I find interesting about this is that I was so, totally, wrong.

No comments: