Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thai Classic Restaurant

Yesterday, after much consternation (due entirely to the boyfriend's misleading sushi suggestions/the fact that the boyfriend can still go by the name of Sicky), the boyfriend and I had dinner at Thai Classic Restaurant. A nice restaurant on Clark Street, with both regular tables and the sitting on the floor with your shoes off tables. Decor? Check. Our meal? Our meal started with rice crisps accompanied by that quitessential Thai sweet/spicy sauce.
I ordered the special Shrimp Stick appetizer (do I need to capitalize that?) and was pleased that the menu had not lied when it described the shrimp as marinated. You know sometimes they say things like that, but it just isn't true, so you get this bland boring shrimp and that's no fun.
I had the Lad Nar with shrimp for my entree. It wasn't as good as I had hoped but it wasn't revolting either. The boyfriend had the beef salad which was very nice to look at (though none of the photographs I took could possibly convince you of that fact) and a lovely experience in one's mouth. The boyfriend commented on the salad's deceptive spiciness...it was the kind that doesn't burn your tongue's taste buds but does managed to bring a sheen of sweat to your face by the time you're done.

All in all, happy making.

No comments: