Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Whining At Wine Night Is Not Allowed, Though Wining Is

The boyfriend and I hosted wine night this past Monday. We had a pretty good turn out even with the flooded streets and crazy thunder. The spread included homemade chocolate peanutbutter fudge, cream-a-licious brie, robust roquefort and melty (it wasn't actually melty as much as moist, yes! moist!) mozzarella cheeses, paté with (one whole percent truffle oil), salmon caught by tonguethruster, a beet dip (made by the boyfriend), an artichoke dip (made by myself) and other things.

Other things like freshly baked bread...made by the boyfriend.
Mmm, salmon.
I had planned on having an early wine night, the kind where one politely asks all the guests to leave before midnight. But, alas, somewhere in there I lost my gumption and people left when they wanted...this is not to say that they stayed when I wanted them gone, no, just that the time came and went without my having the urge to say goodbye. That's how it goes sometimes, I suppose.

No comments: