Sunday, October 22, 2006

Chocolate Night Out

Last Wednesday I went to a chocolate/wine tasting/holiday collection preview at Ethel's Chocolate Lounge. The boyfriend came along/was forced to come with me. You can read my not so great review of the event here. The problem, in writing it up, was my lack of real knowledge about wine or chocolate. I also didn't know whether to focus on Ethel's as the gourmet experiment of the founder of Mars chocolate (with predominantly Chicago locations but a factory in Las Vegas) or to forego history and simply write about the holiday collection/wines...but then if I exclusively focused on the latter, well, I'd be setting myself for 'you're such an ignorant bastard' comments. So, instead, the piece is sort of meandering with very little detail. Ugh. I know. Whatever. Though I can say I liked the Vouvray.

No comments: