Friday, July 21, 2006

Sweet Homey

So now I'm back in Chicago, have been for nearly a week. It would have been a week if I wasn't so quick to turn around and go to Tennessee one full day after getting off the plane. Scooter (moushead) came along and we spent five days reading, watching Inspector Lynley mysteries, drinking beer, barbequeing, counting deer, swimming and generally relaxing to the max. The camera is still out of commission though, supposedly, it should be fixed soon. Until then I can't share with you any new experiences or meals I've had in a visual way. Grr. The other night I watched The Fall of Fujimori on PBS, I was really just skipping around aimlessly but this drew me in. Now, who was it that I was talking to who didn't like Ann Patchett's Bel Canto because they thought the premise (embassy sieged by Latin American rebels for many months) was completely unbelievable thus the rest of the story didn't ring true? Because, here's the thing, that's EXACTLY what happened in Peru (minus the opera singer, female rebel, love story) so you (whoever you are, I really can't remember) should try that book again.
Also, while I was in Dublin my parents and I watched The Wind That Shakes The Barley. It was good, if necessarily depressing and predictable.

No comments: