Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Monday France

On Sunday the boyfriend and I woke up earlier than all the rest and walked the mile or so walk into the village of Bouletenere (excuse the lack of accents, please) and went to the local boulangerie for croissants. That morning we learned that our local boulangere did not make very good croissants. So, for the rest of our time we went to the slightly large Ille-Sur-Tet for our bread goods. Below is a photograph of our Monday's breakfast.
And then lunch of pasta and salad, made (if I remember correctly) by my mother.
A photograph of the outside/front of the house.
Dinner that night was an incredible Coq-Au-Vin made by my mother. I plan on trying to recreate this meal for Chicagoist as soon as the godamned freaking camera people fix the camera (I'm not hostile about how long it has taken, no). The chicken was so tender...and the carrots, oooh, I forget how much I like carrots that have completely soaked up the taste of whatever broth they've been in. Soft and yummy.
I think it was Sunday night that all seven of us raised our voices to one another about how to schedule and then execute the rest of the week. As our voices got louder so did the frogs' quacking...perhaps they were scared of our tones or simply thought our collective voice was the mother of all frogs...or they were just doing what they always do. In any case we worked out a general idea of how the rest of our days would go. This day, Monday, was spent rather leisurely...a trip to the Ille-Sur-Tet Wal-Mart type store for groceries and clothing for the boyfriend (seeing as how all he had were the clothes on his back and an extra tee shirt). My cousin and I tried to convince (and ultimately succeeded) the boyfriend to buy a yellow Brasil football jersey and a cute pair of pants. We only succeeded with the shirt.

3 comments:

J said...

Hey, are you in France or actually back in the states?

cc said...

Back in the states...as of yesterday.

J said...

welcome home