Monday, July 24, 2006

I Don't Have A Camera, Still

I don't have a camera, still, and that fact leads me to be unable to share images with you of the sushi buffet (c/o Noodle Zone), pork roast or barbeque type foods I've had in the past few days. But I can show you stills from movies I've seen as of late...not quite the same, I know, but what can you do? I guess 'you' could have left the camera somewhere else and understood that they wanted you to pay for it BEFORE they started fixing anything. Alas alas you are an idiot.

First off there's Yours, Mine & Ours. I netflixed this one because I remember liking Cheaper By The Dozen...I mean so many kids doing so much mischief, how can you not love it? The boyfriend didn't love it. It follows the whole 'kids don't like their situation so they make a lot of crazy shit happen and then by the end of it they love each other and wish they hadn't succeeded in making all the crazy'. So, yeah, you knew how it ended from the first shot and it wasn't as good as Cheaper By The Dozen.
Then there was Mrs Henderson Presents. I kind of felt like this was a made for British televsion movie. Judi Dench is great and all and Bob Hoskin's fake hair was kind of cool. But, to be frank, I expected more breasts.
Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story was funny. Steve Coogan is funny. That other guy is funny. Was it all funny all the time? No, but you should watch it because it was funny enough most of the time. I may even read the book.
Syriana was an interesting movie to watch in this week of fucked up crazy Israel/Hezbollah everything. Though it was just a movie in the end. I kind of felt like Jeffrey Wright would have been a better Oscar nominee than George Clooney. But George is hotter so I don't begrudge him, well, anything really.
The boyfriend and I are in the process of finding a new place to live. Today I have three apartment looking appointments. I just got back from the first one...the pros of the place would be the porch, new appliances and location the cons would be the strange compartmentalized feel (no flow of rooms), not much less in price than our current place and yeah. We shall see and all that jazz.

No comments: