Friday, July 28, 2006

After our early movie viewing I departed our homestead and met up with M.Lady and her coworker friend (along with Mousehead and noblogger). We sat on the porch and M. Lady made me a gin and tonic that made me go, "caw caw, caw caw". Shortly thereafter we went to Friar Tuck, a bar with a door like a keg (see below) for karaoke. We took the Broadway bus and I became entranced with the two overweight older teenage girls clearly talking about/making some sort of drug deal on the phone. Entranced isn't the right word, extremely curious is more accurate or unable to concentrate on making conversation because I was too busy listening to somebody else's. This eavesdropping thing is the worst on buses somehow. Anyways. I have never performed karaoke except maybe for that one time with those Koreans who didn't speak English...but even then I don't think I sang. And so I didn't plan on singing last night either. And I didn't. I almost got excited enough to sing Weezer's Buddy Holly but then I thought about how much better it would be if I could sing that other Weezer song, the one that starts with 'Goddamn those half Japanese girls' and the Karaoke machine didn't have that song. So I stayed in my seat with my shared mini pitcher and watched others (M. Lady included) go up and do their shizz. Friar Tuck's atmosphere was good in my mind...not terribly crowded, very friendly bar tender, Karaoke singers not taking themselves too seriously etc etc. I want to go back and, dammit, I'll sing something one day.

1 comment:

m.lady said...

That last line of that there post there...I'm going to hold you to that.