Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Lunch

The next morning I walked around in the field in front of the house. It was blustery and spitting rain which was very, very different from the weather in England and even very different than the weather in Dublin. The weather deteriorated later in the day to full on rain and temperatures, I'd say, in the fifties. That led to a day spent mainly in the house, reading. I read Bluesman by Andre Dubus III which I liked very much and may reread at a slightly less frenzied pace. I also read another book that was like chick lit only for men....but probably read mainly, still, by women.
For lunch we had tapas of a sort. A little salad, a little sliced meats, a little cheese, a little bit of olives, a cucumber yogurt salad/relish, sundried tomatoes etc. I couldn't stop from having just one more piece of cheese or just one more slice of salami. Satisfying, yes.

No comments: