Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ascot Day 4

Well here I am back in Chicago. Bit of a gloomy first day back, all cloudy and shizz. But it gives me time to, finally, catch myself up in earnest. So hold on to your hats and taste buds folks, I am planning on posting and posting and posting it well. Below is my fourth Ascot breakfast.

The last day we arrived at a leisurely time and planned to all go our own separate ways, no champagne largesse or clubby clubbersting. Over our many dinner meals we collected, as leftovers, a fair amount of new potatoes that were then turned into very satisfying cold potatoes (salt, vinegar, oil and smorgasborg of spices etc).
The back of our car/picnic table.
Below is a triangle of the Royal Enclosure.
Dinner at The Blue Boar, I think.
The salad was good. The spaghetti Bolognese was okay but kind of weird.
I didn't win any money the last racing day but the pace was nice. My mother and I hung out together and generally wandered around. Sometimes sitting in the stands, sometimes standing by the finish line and generally betting on horses that didn't win. At the end of the day our neighbors zoomed off to a hotel near the airport while we returned to one more night at Lodge Down.

No comments: