Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Quiet

The next day everyone but my father and myself drove to Barcelona. It was hot and sunny for most of the afternoon. We went to Ille-Sur-Tet to get fish and mussels for the dinner I was making that night. Then I generally did prep work for the dinner (making pesto without a food processor and only with a mortar and pestle is pretty hard work).
When I was finally done with all the food stuffs I spent about an hour writing. That would be the aforementioned one time/seven page day. Then I planned on getting in the pool and cooling down. About that time is when the sky darkened, the wind picked up and it generally became a little rainy. Eventually the Barcelona-goers came home and I made them marinated salmon, basil/parsley pesto pasta, Catalonian (kind of) steamed mussels and my famous (ha) chopped up Mediterreanean type salad.
A lazy day. The best kind.

No comments: