Saturday, February 18, 2006

Up and Down and Up Again...Then Down

My yesterday started at 7 in the morning. The red line was constantly stopping unneccessarily but I still arrived downtown with a few minutes before my 9 o'clock class. I managed to lose my mind while waiting for the elevator...by this I mean that there were about twenty of us waiting for the elevators and in my head I suddenly realized none of us had pressed the button to alert the elevators to our needs. So I separated from the crowd and pressed the button...then realized that I had pressed the down button. You know, because, like, I lost my mind. Class was full of periodic and running sentences. This was a sentence I made up from the prompt of 'The Moon Rose':

The moon rose, on the eve of her twentieth birthday, low and full like her mother's breasts on a cloudy day.
Oh yeah. I am totally brilliant.

Then after a very so-so meal at Under 55 cafeteria crazy land, I had another class. I was totally brilliant in that class as well. Seriously. I am so smart. Then a few of us went to Exchequer Pub and had some beer and fries...their fries are very good I do declare. Blah blah.

Came home and ate the Spanish Rice the boyfriend made from scratch and watched another episode of Foyle's War. The show continues to illuminate the social ramifications of World War II in England while simultaneously giving the viewer (me) an engaging mystery to figure out. Love it.

The night ended with meeting up with a friend at Simon's Pub and then returning home with said friend and her friend for some late night Spanish Rice. This is a photograph of some of that Spanish Rice.

No comments: