Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lost In La Mancha

A few nights back, the boyfriend and I watched Lost In La Mancha. A documentary chronicling Terry Gilliam's attempt to make Don Quixote into a movie. It was okay. I was interested then I wasn't and then I was again. The number of things that go wrong in their first four days of shooting is incredible: fighter jets flying overhead making it impossible to record sound, a torrential downpour that washes away equipment and completely changes a desert landscape into one of mud and then the main actor not being able to get on a horse.

I read a book a while back that had a similar plot. I wondered if the author got the idea from this movie/series of events. I had never seen Terry Gilliam before and realized that I had a completely different picture of him in my head.

No comments: