Friday, February 10, 2006

Don't Look Back...At Bob Dylan Cuz He'll Only Talk Trash About You

The boyfriend and I watched the documentary (if that's what you want to call it) Don't Look Back last night. We saw Bob Dylan and Donavan have a cock fight through music--seriously, Bob Dylan was like 'hey Donovan let's hear you play one of your songs' and Donovan was all 'okay Bobby'. While Donovan was playing Dylan simply couldn't stop shaking and looking around with the aura of nervousness and false bravado (I think he was thinking something along the lines of: shit, this guy is just as good as I am. And he's a whole lot nicer. And damn, he has a better voice too. Crap, this guy is so lame because he could, potentially, be better than me). Then, Dylan's all 'okay, alright, that was pretty nice. Hey! Here's an idea, why don't I play a song!'. Reluctantly Donovan hands Dylan the guitar and while Dylan is plays Donovan is hugging himself in a self-preservationist's way. And I think I should stop trying to do the play by play of the scene and conclude that:

I lost patience with Dylan at some point and stopped watching. I mean, he knew how cool everybody thought he was and acted like a jerk because of it.
It's not forty four percent off here, only at amazon.com. Sorry.

No comments: