Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Love Note

So I woke up today knowing full well that there wasn't any milk in the refrigerator (not to mention food). I'm a lover of Earl Grey tea with milk so I did the sensible thing and got ready to go to the grocery store. The boyfriend is out of town, so this was going to be a solo journey resulting in many bags of foodstuffs, because of this I decided to drive (the boyfriend would not approve). As I approached the boyfriend's car I saw something stuck under one of its wipers. I worried it was a ticket but couldn't think why, the car was parked on a non-emergency street, there is no snow and it wasn't five feet away from the curb. Once I got to the car this is what I found:

It seems someone didn't like the boyfriend's parking job. It was after picking up this note that I realized I had forgotten the keys to the car. So I turned around and went back to the apartment and got them, the entire time looking furtively about, hoping whoever wrote the note wasn't taking photographs of me.

I mean, I didn't even do the parking.

5 comments:

chavalicious said...

one time someone left me a note written in lipstick that said, "next time you better not park here, or else."

Anonymous said...

What was your opinion of the parking job the young mister had done?
Did you make a point of going to another block when you came back?
What was on the other side of the scrap of paper the note was written on? mcmc

cc said...

as i said, i couldn't find anything wrong with it.
yes i parked on another street...much closer to the apartment too.
on the back was a list of all the different programs loyola university offers.

hmm

Anonymous said...

he may be the best parker i have encountered.

i hope the writer of that note experiences a freak accident involving a fry daddy.

supertaster said...

Aw phooey, we just don't get notes like that in N.C. But once in Florida, a guy charged at our car as I sat in the passenger seat with engine idling--my husband had run into a nearby store for a second. The old dude, gesticulating wildly, wanted to know why I was parked like that. I said, 'My husband did it.' He said, 'Well, your husband is a g*dd*mn asshole!!@#$%!!!'