Monday, February 13, 2006

Dim Sum c/o Furama Part 18

Four of us for dim sum yesterday. Stuffed ourselves good and proper. There seemed to be a larger selection of dumplings than in times past. And they were fresh and hot. Mmm. I kind of want more right now.
I've been a bit sick the last few days. Being sick is never fun. Though that's not entirely true. If you're sick and you have no responsibilities and a mother who will bring you tasty hot things and rent you lots of movies then it isn't so bad. So what I really mean is: being sick as a pseudo-adult is never fun. Which is too bad, because I'm never going to be anything other than a pseudo-adult...maybe one day I'll be a real grown up, but I don't see that in my immediate future.

I'm feeling a bit ooky about writing as well. The things I've been excited about/working on are getting a little stale. This is probably because I've elicited too many different opinions about them and have found myself at a loss as to which opinions to listen to and which to ignore. But I have no lightning strikes of brilliance for different approaches to the work. And more importantly, I have no pressing obvious story I can write instead. It will pass. But soon I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what i've found works well is listening hardily to everyone, then getting angry at them all, suppressing each and every one of their comments on an ego-maniacal rampage while somehow letting my id filter the goodcomments back into my superego like one of those bubbly 80's neo-lights.

goodluck, your work is unique.