Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sandwiches, Dal, Oh My!

Yes. More lunches. I appreciate the boss-men sustaining our brains through lunches during the busy season, but it feels like I haven't had to properly feed myself in weeks and weeks. I don't know if I would still be alive if it weren't for V8. Okay, I'd still be alive, but I have definitely not been eating enough straight up vegetable matter these days. I'm thinking about brining a chicken today, we'll see if that happens.
Any who, this is another Primo hoagie. Specifically the 'American Classic' which is comprised of: Coteghino, Natural Casing Genoa Salami, Ham & New Yorker American Cheese. It was good.
Another day, and Mugshots food for lunch. I ordered the Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Apple offering, and added cheddar for good measure. I didn't meat melted cheddar, so that was a negative surprise, and I don't know how to say this but...there is actually such a thing as too much bacon, and this sandwich was proof of this truth. I did not eat the whole thing.

We also tried Tiffin for a change of pace from King of Tandoor. KoT hasn't been quite as satisfying an eating experience as last year, this is partially a result of a less reliable delivery person and, I don't know, it's just not quite as satisfying. I speak for myself. Anyways, I ordered the Saag Paneer Tiffin, which included dal, rice, saag paneer and potatoes. Very good.
The cheese element was particularly good, slightly silkier than KoT's rendition.
Their side sauces weren't quite as great, their pickled onions were sweeter and they didn't include green sauce, which I always enjoy.
Oh food.

No comments: