Thursday, January 28, 2010

All You Can Eat c/o Pod (With Complaints)

About two weeks ago I read about Pod's limited time 'all you can eat sushi' deal: for about a week, between the hours of 9 and 11, you could order all the sushi you would want to eat for only $25. This was the sort of deal I could get behind, especially since I had been jonesing for sushi for at least a month. I already wrote about the entirety of the experience on yelp, and I don't really feel like going into grumpy, curmudgeonly detail here, but let me just give you the highlights as succinctly as I can. We had a reservation for 9:30. We stood for 40 minutes after 9:30 before being seated. Ak is allergic to shrimp. The management could not guarantee that the sushi would be shrimp-touch free.
The sushi itself (ak's situation was resolved positively) was only okay, which is to be expected when there is a crazy deal going on, but the long wait (in spite of having reservations) and the momentary 'you can't eat what you came to eat' situation was taxing. I strongly believe we should have been comped something. Maybe our beers? Maybe one of our $25? I don't know. I won't lie, in the end I left relatively pleased with the level of sushi in my belly, but would anything about the experience really make me want to come back in the future? No, not really.

No comments: