Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lunches c/o Worky Work

So, the lunches continued. We tried Hunan Schezuan's offerings, and found them to our liking. The thing about Chinese food is that almost every dish has this viscous sauce to it. Generally the sauces are quite tasty in their strange corn syrup thickness, but it doesn't stop me from being weirded out a little. For instance, the hot and sour soup was tasty, I liked it, but its consistency worried me a bit. The dragon had none of this worry. If I had allowed it, it would have jumped right into that soup and enjoyed every slurpy backstroke.
This was the shredded pork in garlic sauce. I envisioned shredded pork, American style, and was a little disappointed by the relatively tough, worm shaped slivers of pork.
Primo's has been on a roll of good sandwiches lately. This was one such good sandwich. Turkey, ham and American cheese? Yes please.
On New Years Day most all of us were in the office relatively early (my NYE was comprised of watching a lot of True Blood and deciding that I don't like their kind of vampires...all that blood is gross). For lunch we ordered pizza from Luigi's. It was great.
They put thicker, juicier mushrooms on the 'ol standby' pepperoni and mushroom pizza. It was a success.
Another day, another cheesesteak with tomatoes and mushrooms from Luigi's. The 7 pounds I lost since April are a thing of the past as a result of this eating lifestyle, I would assume (not having a scale I can only guess...or go to the doctor).

No comments: