Monday, January 25, 2010

Free Treats c/o Percy Street Barbeque and Yelp

Last Sunday I enlisted A.S. to be my 'plus one' at a Yelp event at Percy Street Barbeque. The theme was Western, and a good majority of the attendees were properly shirted, booted or hat-ted. Numerous servers went around the space offering free beers, cocktails and portions of the restaurant's dishes. Here, for example, you can see my Victory Twilight Ale, which was only so-so, a pulled pork sandwich, and a taste of brisket. Also on offer were chicken salad sandwiches, spoonfuls of macaroni and cheese, pecan pie, rootbeer floats and some banana pudding thing that I, of course, did not try. There was also music.
A.S. dug the event wholeheartedly, which was good.
After that we went to Locust Bar and met up with A.S.'s friend K. and split a few pitchers while listening to others sing karaoke....which then led to my singing karaoke...which is silly because I can't really sing and I always choose the same song (Undone the Sweater by Weezer, dontchaknow).
One nice lady took a photograph of the three of us and complimented me on my earrings.

No comments: