Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pho c/o Pho Cali, Beer c/o Tria

B. was in town for a few days, so it was clear that a second meeting was in order. It was decided (by me for the most part) that we would have pho at Pho Cali, because I was told by my roommate that Pho Cali was the place for the dish. So we all met up.
I ordered the rare steak with brisket, which came entirely unrare and with far less meat than Pho Ha provides. At $6, it was about $2 cheaper than Pho Ha, so I guess I wasn't paying for a lack of meat, but it was still a disappointment, as was the meat's done-ness. That said, the broth was fine and the company great, but this is not becoming my go-to pho place.
My plan, after lunch, was to immediately go further south to do some grocery shopping, finally buy a USB cord for my new printer, and maybe pick up more paint from Lowe's. But when L. started talking Tria, and B. and Ak quickly jumped on board, well, I hate feeling left out of fun party times, so I had to come along. Had to. It was imperative. I ended up driving us there, since my car was already in the Chinatown vicinity, and managed to parallel park in quite the challenging spot (Philadelphia, if nothing else can be said for it, has really improved my parallel parking skills). Honestly, I forget what this beer was. Some form of espresso porter. I bet L. or Ak would know. B. too, maybe.
The extended hang-time was lovely and I wish B. would give up her vampire poet lifestyle and return to us, but I don't think that's likely to happen. Then Ak decided she would come on the shopping trip, which facilitated my ability to enter and leave stores more quickly - it's much easier to stay on task if you feel like someone else is waiting around for you, I have found.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout

: )