Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Last Free Meal c/o Tiffin

Last Tuesday marked the end of our second busy season. We were all quite pleased about this. For our last meal we ordered from Tiffin. I tried one of their specials, lamb dhankatar (or something like that), and found it to my liking. The lamb was more tender than KoT's usual lamb offerings, and the lentil/pumpkin/sour/tart thing going on with the spices was altogether pleasing.
The dragon dug on the naan.
Now that this part of the year has ended, I am going to turn back to my desire to improve my eating habits and fitness, if only by the smallest of degrees. To that end, I went grocery shopping for the first time in what feels like forever (but really is about two weeks) and bought broccoli and lettuce and other fresh green produce type things that will make me feel full without involving heavy meat or cheese. Last week I mentioned trying to cut cheese out of my diet for a month, just to see if my intake is so great that I could actually lose weight by taking the food of dairy gods out of my life...but then I ate cheese on Saturday, so we'll see how that goes. I do love cheese. And after this next round of nasty weather comes and goes (it's supposed to get all cold and snowy in the next four days) I'm going to get back to walking places a few times a week. Perhaps I'll even get up before 8:25 and walk in the morning, since I always say the reason I don't walk after work is because it is dark (which is true, I walked far more often when it was still bright outside at the end of my day). Sigh. Those are my thoughts on health and fitness; they are not, by any stretch, resolutions. Though wouldn't it be great if I could look cute, cute, cute for L.'s wedding?...not cuter than her of course:)

No comments: