Sunday, November 15, 2009

Taco Dog c/o Ernie's Texas Lunch

On Friday my cousin K. texted me a bunch of times in an effort to convince me to drive to Gettysburg and hang out with her and my aunt and uncle. They live in Ohio, but had decided that a trip to Gettysburg and a Gettysburg football game were what they wanted for a weekend getaway. The last time I saw K. was in April, and I don't think I had seen my aunt and uncle since last July, so I was game for a drive. My first stop, once in town, was Ernie's Texas Lunch. My mother's family has been going to Ernie's for years and years and years and years. When I was a kid, I wasn't drawn to hot dogs and usually ended up getting a cheeseburger or soup...now, in my older, wiser, state I am all about the dogs.
I ordered a taco dog: a hot dog, a slice of American cheese, chili, hot sauce, lettuce and tomato. I had hoped for chopped tomato and expected spicier chili/sauce, neither of which ended up being met...that said, a nice lunch...and their french fries were nice and crisp and hot. An older woman at the booth behind me asked for her fries with gravy, which seemed like a good idea, but I was already committed to the non-gravy fries.


Tradition!

No comments: