Monday, November 16, 2009

Gettysburg is a Battlefield (Among Other Things)

After half time at the game, I thought I'd go and explore a little of the battlefields. I went toward the new visitors' center and ended up somewhere. If I was a better person I could tell you where, but I can't because I didn't actually read any of the signs...yeah, I'm a jerk. My main desire was just to see some open space and fall foliage. I was a little late for the foliage, as many trees were shedding their last leaves, but open spaces and fine weather lessened my disappointment.

There were so many boys with their fathers and walking sticks and canteens. It was really out of control. I have no photographic evidence of the masses of young not quite testosterone-ridden boys in tan and green walking about, but the one way street was littered with them.
I climbed a tower and got a better look of what was around.





Pretty.

No comments: