Thursday, November 19, 2009

Crumbling

It's a funny thing, knowing you've made something to eat that is entirely yummy, that even if you hadn't made it yourself you would still want to eat for days, something truly and utterly edible. Knowing that you have done something, and being able to do it again, however, are not one and the same. My return from Gettysburg was one with determination; determination to turn the 15 pounds of apples I purchased at Solebury Orchards into something other than a bag of apples. I imagined baked goods and apple sauce.

This was an apple crumble type thing that I made after making apple sauce (I got lazy after a while and blended some of the chopped apple, cinnamon, brown sugar and lemon juice concoction, instead of letting them cook down). I made no shell. Just added chunkier bits of apple to the blended variety and topped wth a mixture of flour, butter, cinnamon, sugar and, um, magic.
Turned out tasty, especially with a bit of cinnamon and vanilla whipped cream. Could have looked better, and I know I've made it taste even better in the past, but, that said? Still pretty tasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious to me.