Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Last Game and Burger c/o Kite and Key

I went and met up with L. and S. for the last game of the World Series. Ordered myself an O'Reilly's stout and began to watch the game with optmism in my heart.
L. and I both ordered our own Kite and Key Burger (burger, caramelzed onion, applewood smoked bacon, smoked gouda cheese on toasted brioche). It was hefty and a little difficult to keep together, but I was hungry and managed to consume the whole thing. Unfortunately that's the best thing that can be said about the evening. By the fourth inning things weren't looking too good, and I was tired and belly-full, so I left.
Left, but forgot the camera, so L. took a picture of this....I left when it was 4-1, Yankees, but it clearly got worse from there on out.
And thus ends a completely different kind of World Series, one in which the people of Philly are not jubilant enough to flip cars or scale greased poles.

No comments: