Saturday, November 07, 2009

Dim Sum c/o Joy Tsin Lau, Part 6, and an Art Auction

Last Saturday I walked on over to Chinatown to meet up with Mr. Ass for dim sum. We got a much better table than on any previous eating experience at Joy Tsin Lau, which was nice, and we stuffed our faces as well as we could. Shrimp dumplings, shumai, bean curd etc!
Oh how I have loved shrimp dumplings since forever. I used to easily eat four to six of them with no problem, now there are so many other things that I like that I usually keep it to two to three, but the glory days were still glorious.
Their fry cart dumplings continue to wow me with their crispy outsides and well seasoned insides.
After dim sum Mr. Ass wanted to go to the Freeman Auction House to see the Lehman Bros. art collection get sold off. He was also considering a purchase. The space was packed, and it seems that this isn't usually so, that it was the particular draw to the circumstances of this sale. A reporter from the Philadelphia Inquirer asked Mr. Ass and me questions about it, but it seemed he already knew which angle he wanted his story to take.
An interesting experience. The first painting sold went for $16,000, and many other pieces were getting $6,000 or more. Later, it seems, a painting went for $30,000. That was a lot of money.

No comments: