Thursday, November 05, 2009

Game 3 c/o McKenna's

Last Saturday Ak and I met up and went on over to McKenna's to watch the third game of the World Series. We expected a challenge when it came to getting seats, so we got there a good hour before the game was to start. This was a wise move, except that the game was then delayed an hour, which meant a lot of quality time at the bar. We shared wings, which were good and I ordered half a cheesesteak, which didn't have half as much cheese as I would have liked. Ak also had cheese fries that she said hit the spot. We also drank $8 pitchers of Budweiser.

The game did eventually start, and I thought that this Philly might need a sip of beer. It didn't help.
I developed a very, very strong dislike of Pettite's face. This is me smooshing his face out of the picture. I also started calling him things like 'stupid fucking face go home mgee.' That, also, didn't seem to help the Phillies all that much.
I think we're into our third pitcher by this point, maybe just the second?
At one point there was a blinking spider to play with. It was Halloween after all. I do not care about Halloween, but the spider was cool.
The bar gave us all free shots of blood, or some sort of cranberry vodka concoction.
Ak and I liked them, the shots, and the bartendress.

While the night was entirely enjoyable (except for maybe the drunken 50+ local dudes who were, at first, interesting to speak to but, as the night went on, far less interesting and more annoying and wasted-face) on a social/eating/drinking level, the fact that the Phillies lost was not as pleasant. I mean, I am a fairweather fan, so only truly enjoy it when the team whose bandwagon I have jumped on, actually wins, which, you know, didn't happen that night...or last night. Sad face.

No comments: