Monday, November 02, 2009

Pizza c/o Luigi's and Brutus, the Lobster Puppy

On Wednesday I headed on over to C.'s for laundry, wine, pizza, puppy and the first game of the World Series. The pizza was ordered and literally arrived within 15 minutes, which was absolutely insane, but in the best possible way. Also? C. and I both felt that this was, by far, one of the best Luigi's pizzas we'd ever had, and that, folks, is saying something.
Brutus is growing like a crazy dog.
C. and I had a conversation earlier in the week about lobster costumes for dogs, and then she told me that she had gone with the lobster look (a personal favorite of mine), so I insisted that she had to pull it out and show me. Easier said that done, Brutus was not a willing participant in this process.
Lobster puppy! Now if we could just get a big enough pot (not to actually boil him in, just to put him in and then take a picture, geez).
The Phillies won that night, which was good. Since then things have not been that good. Here's hoping Lee will do some sort of crazy magic pitcher's thing and trounce the Yankees. We'll see.

2 comments:

nccatherine said...

Brutus is a gem of a dog. Lovely mocha color and puts up with being costumed. I saw an unhappy daschund Friday night, sitting on the patio of a nice little neighborhood joint, waiting patiently while his people finished their drinks and whatnot, all the while wearing a red devil horn hat. His eyes said Where are my ears? But he did not bare his teeth or pee on anyone, even though if I were a tiny dog costumed as anything I might just want to bite or pee inappropriately. Just saying...of couse I have been known to put headbands with reindeer antlers on my dogs' heads for a brief moment on Christmas Eve so I got no leg to stand on. Except that they were in the privacy of their own home and could rub the damn things off as fast as they wanted...

HinTN said...

would not dare to try costuming Abby, Lincoln or the hyper energetic Hamper's White Lightning. Plus, warn't to home anyways as was in Roanoke listening to Lyle's Large Band. Boo!