Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tater Tots and Beer

Last Friday I met up with the L. and A. at the Belgian Cafe, where they were meeting brewers and preparing (in L.'s case) for the Fairmount Bar Crawl. You can go to L.'s blog for her perspective. I had a Unibroue Apple and participated in a the coversation with the French Canadian in charge of all Unibroue's brewing. Then L. and I split some other Unibroue beer. Then M. arrived and we went forward to Brigid's, except the bar crawl had already decamped from Brigid's to London Grill, but we weren't interested in the beer at London Grill so we didn't even bother stopping there. Instead, we headed directly to Rembrandt's to be properly situated to try the Raspberry Stout that was advertised. When we got there, we were directed to go upstairs. I went up and asked for the raspberry stout and the bartender explained that there had been a mixup: they had a different stout entirely, but because many patrons were expecting the raspberry variety a keg of it would be arriving shortly. I had a Magic Hat while we waited. The stout arrive and then we had ourselves a photograph opportunity.
This is me looking like a thug and L. living her big-gloved life.
I liked the raspberry stout, very much. I wish I remembered what the actual brewer of the beer was. Sigh. I suck. After Rembrandt's we went to Urban Saloon, where pink beer was the featured beverage.
It was very pink but did not taste like a shirley temple.
L. ordered a cheeseburger and I ate many of her tater tots because she said I could.
I was in bed by midnight.

2 comments:

Darts said...

the brewer for all the beers was magic hat, and damn that burger looks good.

J said...

I love tater tots.