Friday, March 27, 2009

Grapefruit, Tomato and Avocado Salad

In a surprising twist, it turns out that I love grapefruit. I used to go through phases when cutting one in half, lathering that half in sugar and eating it with a spoon seemed like a good idea, but take sugar out of that there equation and you'd be more likely to see me eat rock salted asphalt. I have taken to eating one most every work day, peeling it, freeing the grapefruit slices from their guardian pith and skin and relishing each morselful of citric membrane. A few weeks back I went to Costco and bought a bag of avocados. Last week, I was down to two avocados and one grapefruit. I thought the perfect way to take care of some of that produce (along with some of the Costco-purchased tomatoes I attained) was to try a new salad approach. Grapefruit, avocado and tomatoes with a few slivers of red onion, drizzled with a little champagne vinegar and sea salt.

Success!

2 comments:

supertaster said...

ummn-mmn-mmmmm, [did I spell that right?] meaning--yummy

nc catherine said...

Yeah that sounds really good. I love grapefruit! Especially the ruby reds from Texas, don't know why those are soooo good.