Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fish Tacos, Rummy & Beer c/o The Kite and Key

So not this past Thursday, but the Thursday before it, L. and I went to Kite and Key for some Rummy and happy hour beers (you can see her photographic evidence of this occasion by clicking the links in the post below). I also decided that fish tacos sounded like a really great idea. And I was totally right. The fish portion was generous, crunchy and moist and the rest of each soft taco's filling only complemented the main element of the dish. There was also guacamole and an interesting sort of salsa side. I was incredibly pleased.
I also, of late, have been finding the love for darker beers. This is quite a turnaround for me as I have traditionally been very consistent in my dislike of all things 'porter' or 'stout'. And yet I was very happy with the espresso stout I imbibed.
Then, of course, there were the whiskey shots. L. does a great job of summing up how a tame card playing night suddenly became a rather late one. I blame her....but in a good way; it was fun.
This photograph is so meta post-modern crazy I can't even begin to get into its conceptual meaning. Heh.

No comments: