Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Cayuga Lake Dinner Arrival

Memorial Day weekend was a wonderful weekend indeed. It began with AS and I both getting out of work early. Or did I take a full day off? I can't recall. I think I worked half a day, then packed, then drove down to Federal Donuts for a quick round of chicken (no photographs because I was too busy ripping into the chicken...I think I have an iPhone photo). So we were on the road by 2 PM, is the real point. We hit only the barest of bad traffic, and joined her parents by about 7. It remains a beautiful drive from Philly to Cayuga Lake, about 45 minutes or so north of Ithaca. Their house is on the west side of the lake. Upon our arrival we were offered a creamy tasty cheese.
AS's mother had already started a lot of the prep work for dinner, but AS tossed the salad.
And then I helped toss the pasta, a fresh mix of nicoise olives (or some similar breed), yellow and red peppers, fresh mozzarella, bacon (or maybe porcetta?), chopped basil, and perhaps onions too?
Served with shrimp to boot. A lovely first meal.
After dinner, the topic of Michael Jackson's Thriller came up. And it was determined that at least AS's mother, if not her father as well, had never seen the whole video from beginning to end. So we endeavored to right that wrong, with great results.
I was lucky enough to be a guest at the S family house in the summers of 2009 and 2010, taking a 2011 hiatus, and I must say I'm so glad that I got the opportunity to go back. It's just so pretty and peaceful. You'll see.

No comments: